Sr. Channel Marketing Manager
Santa Monica, CA
The Channel Marketing Manager (CMM) position requires more than just the ability to execute against existing and traditional channel marketing programs. This role will be responsible for the total life-cycle of strategic channel marketing programs—collaborating with stakeholders to identify new opportunities, developing strategies, designing programs, and then executing, measuring, and evaluating them against agreed upon business goals and objectives. The CMM is a leader who will maintain high standards in all aspects of planning and execution to ensure programs are driven to completion by the channel team.
- Ownership for strategic account planning, objectives achievement and execution of channel marketing programs from development to execution at retail, ensuring that programs are innovative and differentiated from competitors in the marketplace to demand and product adoption for Ring.
- Lead the efforts to evaluate effectiveness and profitability of programs. Distill broad concepts and business strategies into structured program marketing plans. More importantly: ability to track results, derive actionable insights from resulting data, and quantify meaningful impact.
- Thorough understanding of online, offline, and direct marketing principles and practices to develop and sustain strong partner relationships to deepen leadership position in category across strategic growth retailers.
- Provide thought leadership for promotional planning in collaboration with the Go to Market (GTM) group and outlined product strategy. Ensuring programs will grow market segment share, dollar/volume share and make gains in brand awareness/consideration, while maintaining parity across all channels.
- Work cross functionally with internal teams to execute the product launch plans set by the GTM group as it relates to product and program launches.
- Collaborate with Sales on assortment discussions, distribution expansion requests, the CMM owns the retail experience from a product, category, training, visual, and brand development perspective.
- Manage, coach, and develop a small team of marketing specialist and managers.
- 7+ years of experience with marketing programs, building and managing retail marketing programs and operations in technology, CE, or retail industries.
- 4+ years leading a team of marketing professionals.
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred.
- Experience working with 2-3 national retailers, such as Best Buy, Home Depot, Costco, Target, Bed Bath.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate and influence stakeholders outside of immediate team – sales, leadership, regional teams and other functions within Marketing.
- Business oriented strategic thinker with an ability to implement and make sound decisions quickly and efficiently.
- Demonstrated track record in driving product revenue through marketing programs execution and industry thought leadership, preferably to a global customer base.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Composed, poised and professional demeanor with the ability to work in high pressure environment.
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.