Business Analyst - Subscriptions
Santa Monica, CA
Engineering – BI / Analytics / Data
Ring’s Subscriptions team is responsible for managing and building out the Ring Protect service and technology which powers our subscription platform.
As the Business Analyst, your focus will be on supporting our business strategy by executing analyses related to product features and performance, comparing performance against forecast, and delivering on ad-hoc analytics around new product launches. You will define core metrics and KPIs, build analyses that uncover actionable insights and tell a story, and create operational dashboards to be used by a variety of stakeholders.
Additionally, this role will partner with the marketing team to assess the efficacy and impact of our email campaigns and lifecycle in order to deliver the best customer communication. The position interfaces with a variety of stakeholders ranging from product managers, software and data engineers, and marketing teams. This role is instrumental in helping to ensure a delightful experience for Ring’s customers.
- Ownership of core subscription metrics, reports and dashboards, with an emphasis on understanding trends and identifying areas of growth and improvement
- Supporting product teams through both structured and ad-hoc analytics that illustrate the behaviors of Ring’s subscriber base
- Understanding and analyzing the entire customer lifecycle in order to drive improved email interaction, conversion, and both customer acquisition and retention
- Building out impactful KPI tracking and reporting along with A/B email tests to drive CRM improvements and developing more impactful customer targeting and segmentation
- Constructing and maintaining product-level dashboards for stakeholder consumption, and continuing to drive efficiency, improvements, and consistent standards across our reports
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Analytics, Information Systems,
- Data Science, Business, Economics, Computer Science, or similar field
- 3+ years’ prior experience and full proficiency with advanced SQL techniques and querying large data sets, along with an understanding of data warehouse systems and data models
- 3+ years in-depth experience creating clear reports in data visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker, or others
- Prior experience with email analytics, including funnel conversion, engagement and retention metrics
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Digital Marketing,
- Marketing Analytics , Information Systems, MBA, or similar degree
- Track record of distilling complex problems into their underlying components, validating hypotheses and delivering actionable data-driven insights
- Structured thinking, ability to self-manage, and advanced problem-solving skills along with strong business acumen
- Experience with forecasting and predictive analytics modeling with tools such as R or SAS
- Previous success around building email A/B tests, and optimizing click-through rates and conversion
- Familiarity with a subscription business model and exposure to subscription-related metrics is a big plus
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.