iOS Development Engineer
Santa Monica, CA
Engineering – Engineering / Mobile
As a iOS Software Development Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design, and bring to market innovative consumer electronics products. You will work closely with an internal interdisciplinary team and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution, and test. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. The ideal candidate has current and extensive experience developing and building distributed systems and applications.
- Has in-depth expertise developing iOS apps and how they are deployed
- Delivers best-in-class UX and has the passion to excite our customers through a great app experience and quality
- Enjoys working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on tough problems
- Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
- Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
- Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience doing hands-on software development
- 5+ years of mobile application industry experience.
- 5+ years of experience with Swift/Objective-C, iOS Frameworks and design patterns
- 5+ years of experience in developing, releasing and maintaining an iOS app
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is preferred
- Knowledge of UIKit, GCD, iOS memory management
- Demonstrated experience and passion for delivering exceptional UX
- Experience in multimedia streaming protocols such as WebRTC, SIP, RTSP. Understanding of video and audio codecs.
- Experience in building frameworks and creating Android applications
- Proficient in Java/Kotlin
- Experience in performance tuning
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.