Application Security Engineer (Remote)
Santa Monica, CA
IT / Security
Ring.com is looking for an Application Security Engineer, who has a background in penetration testing web application technologies, mobile applications, thick clients & micro services. This role is intended to help developers create hardened applications to ensure the best in class security for Ring customers. The candidate should be able to provide guidance in development best practices, support in software architecture and design, configuration hardening, and privacy. In addition, candidate should be able to build, compile, and run applications across all platforms, from source code.
- Will be responsible to work with the development teams across Ring and embed security best practices into the software development life cycle.
- Will audit, review, and perform security code reviews of various software languages both for mobile and web applications.
- Will perform both SAST and DAST security assessments of software releases in the SDLC.
- Will design and maintain continuous integration (Jenkins), mobile build tools, unit testing and automation testing.
- Will assist in designing QA security test cases.
- Will report regular statistics on security remediation efforts.
- Will use software technologies such as Splunk to analyze mobile application and web request logs, to perform user behavior analytics.
- Will develop standard guidelines and security policy as it related to mobile and web application security best practices.
- Provide security consultation for Bluetooth Stack, Wifi, and Camera management.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or equivalent training and experience.
- Experience performing mobile application security assessments.
- Experience leading small teams and participating in project planning.
- Complete understanding of the HTTP protocol.
- Ability to work with web service APIs.
- Understanding of formats such as JSON, as well as XML and YAML markup languages.
- Experience using Linux, Mac and/or Windows operating systems.
- Experience with software development principles like data structures, algorithms, run-time analysis, object-oriented design and code quality verification.
- Knowledge of Oauth2, SAML, and general IDP technologies.
- Custom security framework abstractions for mobile application technologies.
- Experience leading small teams and mentoring junior staff in an open and positive manner
- Strong background and understanding of the Android and iOS SDKs.
- Experience on Embedded Linux Device Drivers for ARM based devices.
- Experience with data analysis solutions and SQL engines.
- History of build, and automation engineering and design.
- Understanding of AWS cloud compute architectures and micro-services.
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com . With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation