Principal Product Manager – Technical for Community Support Solutions
Santa Monica, CA
Product / Program / Project Management
Ring is currently seeking a seasoned leader to join our team as a Principal Product Manager – Technical for Community Support Solutions. This individual will report to the Ring COO and be accountable developing requirements and driving delivery of world class solutions supporting our Ring neighbors and global Community Support teams. They will have a relentless focus on driving efficiency across all Ring neighbor support touchpoints with measurable objectives of reducing contacts, lowering support costs, and increasing neighbor and support team member satisfaction. They will be expected to collaborate with business intelligence, engineering, finance, product development, and community support to target and continuously improve the highest impact internal tools and neighbor facing solutions to benefit our neighbors.
The Ring operations team is looking for a Principal Technical Product Manager to help take our internal and external product support tools to the next level. As a Principal Technical Product Manage, you will dive deep on Ring product and customer service data to drive the product strategy, vision, and roadmap for our support solutions with a high degree of ownership over critical features and the neighbor experience. Strong judgment and communication skills, long term technical vision, and continuous focus on measurable results, engineering, and operational excellence are essential for the success in this role.
A successful candidate will be both creative and highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into products and applications that customers love. We are looking for someone customer obsessed and technology savvy – with a proven track record of creating successful products and services.
Ring’s continued growth and momentum requires leaders who are owners, and who possess the entrepreneurial spirit needed to create new products. Ring leaders solve complex, cutting-edge problems and get things done. As a Principal Technical Product Manager, you will assume end-to-end product ownership and play the primary role in launching your support products to across the company and to support our neighbors.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline or related experience
- MBA and experience working across technical and business functional teams
- 10+ years of relevant software development or product management experience
- Proven track record of driving products from concept to launch
- Exposure to a variety of analytical tools and techniques
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Experience doing product management on technical products with externally visible APIs, SDKs, protocols or other developer-facing product features
- Experience taking projects from scoping requirements through launch of the project.
- Experience with professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle.
- Experience with open-source technologies.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies like scrum.
- Experience with rapid prototyping and evaluation of customer applications.
- A track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Ring is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation