Sr. Industrial Designer
Santa Monica, CA
Creative / Design
As an industrial designer for Ring, you will be responsible for the industrial design, prototyping, and development of physical objects, fixtures, and components for Ring’s doorbell, camera, outdoor lighting and security lines. You will be part of a lean, agile team that creates and executes designs that span a variety of physical and digital modes to create experiences that are new to the world.
The ideal candidate will:
- Quickly iterate on multiple interactive physical (non-digital) design solutions and work through details.
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Take a hands-on approach and roll up your sleeves to shepherd an idea from conception through production to successful implementation.
- Take designs from the sketch phase to concept modeling in the appropriate software, and through to finished customer-facing execution.
- Work with visual, brand, environmental, and UX designers to create a unified vision for the initiative.
- Participate in cross-functional strategy, timing, and process discussions.
- Take an active, hands-on role to ensure that all design and technology problems are resolved thoroughly.
- Work with research and testing teams to integrate new findings into final designs.
- Actively manage and collaborate with suppliers to achieve the best possible product for our customers in terms of design integrity, quality, cost, and engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or related field.
- 5+ years of experience–or a combination of relevant advanced and production design.
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with suppliers in the development of product and fixture designs.
- Technical knowledge and working experience related to the design development process, including ideation, prototyping, testing, manufacturing, and assembly processes.
- Experience collaborating with and managing prototyping and fabrication vendors.
- Experience working with or interpreting technical drawings and/or drafting.
- Must be self-motivated and able to manage multiple parallel-path projects.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Master's degree in Industrial Design or related field
- 7+ years of experience–or a combination of relevant advanced and production design.
- Strong conceptual design skills.
- Experience inventing, building, or launching physical products, components, and/or retail fixtures.
- Experience and knowhow related to design for manufacturability and design scalability.
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation