Santa Monica, CA
Creative / Design
The Ring team is looking for a Visual Designer to build a foundation for a new family of products from the ground up. You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up.
The ideal candidate is passionate about new opportunities and experience working on consumer-facing UI design and visuals, with strong blue sky/ideation skills, robust holistic systems thinking, deep attention to detail, and passion for making difficult tasks into simple and delightful experiences for customers using a clean, modern, beautiful aesthetic.
You will work collaboratively with a cross-functional team of product designers, researchers, product managers, and developers. Collaboration and product ownership is essential, requiring you to be a great communicator, and successfully present and align with the business and tech teams. Additionally, you must be able to work with ambiguity and deliver designs that elevate the customer experience as a whole.
- At least 3+ years of experience as a visual designer/UI designer for digital products or a creative director for web and mobile based consumer applications.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience.
- Fluency in best practices for user interface design, and some light experience with interaction design or user experience workflows.
- Experience elevating design systems and pattern libraries.
- At least 3+ years of experience working in a collaborative team and directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to be self-directed when needed
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions
- Experience with UI design for complex workflows and/or for end users
- Generalist expertise in crafting visual and UI designs for both consumer and enterprise audiences across multiple platforms
- Experience with consumer electronics and product designExcellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions
- Ability to influence senior-level stakeholders and present to Executives in Engineering, Product Management, and Design
- A bachelor's or master's degree in a design related field, or commensurate experience.
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.