Jr Video Editor – Neighbors Crime Investigation Team
Santa Monica, CA
Creative / Design
Ring.com is looking for a Jr. Video Editor to help with the day to day tasks for the Neighbors Crime Investigations Team. The candidate must have acute attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and a reliable independence to exercise self-direction and ingenuity when required.
- Editing high volume of User Generated Content videos
- Aspect ratio scaling and conversion for distribution to different platforms
- Apply Closed Captioning to video content
- Archival and Administrative duties as required
- Efficient response time to queries and requests
- Edit, manage, and supervise video post-production and short form content
- Deliver on time, every time
- Work with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Work in an environment with flexible working hours
- Clearly communicate status and delivery timelines to stakeholders
- 2+ years editing in Adobe Premiere
- 1+ years of experience with After Effects
- A solid understanding of typography
- Ability to prioritize tasks for multiple projects
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot technical and process related Issues
- Knowledge of various codecs for web and mobile
- Knowledge of social platforms and viral content
- Working knowledge of post-production process, workflow, and software.
- Experience working in a post production facility
- Experience working with Adobe Media Encoder, Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign
- A passion for Reducing Crime in Neighborhoods.
- Bachelor's degree in film/video or equivalent professional or military experience
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.