Sr. Embedded Software Engineer (Zigbee/Wifi)
Engineering / Embedded
Ring has a mission to reduce crime in neighborhoods. With affordable solutions that work on any home, Ring is committed to offering smart security that’s accessible to everyone. Now Ring is part of the Amazon Devices family, and are seeking engineers who will help us create the next generation of home security. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will be a core member of the wireless team. Ideal candidate would be passionate about building IOT products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
- Enjoys working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on tough problems
- Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
- Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
- Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years of experience in computer architecture and embedded wireless systems
- 7+ years of embedded development experience in C, and familiarity with ARM CPUs
- 5+ years of experience in writing low-level drivers, interrupt service routines and general troubleshooting/debugging with hardware
- Master's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Experience with one of more commercial wireless protocols like Z-Wave, ZigBee, BLE, or WiFi
- Experience in firmware development and testing of battery powered products
- Experience with development tools like IAR/Keil and Git version control system
- Experience with common bus protocols such as SPI, I2C, and UART
- Experience with software testing (unit, regression and system testing)
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux environments and embedded Linux
- Comfortable in some scripting language of choice
- Prior experience with system bring-up, manufacturing line testing, or wireless networking drivers is a big plus
- Prior experience in Python or analyzing sensor data (or interest in learning) is also a plus
- Experience with simulations in Matlab or ns-3 is a plus
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.