Santa Monica, CA
Legal – Legal
***Please use the following link to apply: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/934946/corporate-counsel-ring ***
Amazon is looking for a talented attorney to support Ring, Blink and other affiliates from Ring’s headquarters in Santa Monica, California. You will be responsible for counseling the business on a broad range of new and existing product and service offerings. You will support senior management, technology and engineering, marketing, business development, customer support, and information security teams. Some travel, domestic and international, will be required.
The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
- Legal counseling in the areas of consumer law, marketing, technology, digital media, intellectual property, and privacy
- Providing support to the business on other legal matters on an as-needed basis
- Some travel, domestic and international, is required.
- J.D. degree and membership in one state bar is required
- 3+ years of experience as an attorney (at a national or international law firm and/or in-house)
- Experience with technology transactions, intellectual property, and/or privacy
- Experience with a technology company is a plus
- Familiar with mobile app development or smart home devices
- Ability to work independently and directly at all levels of legal and business partners
- Strong written and oral communication skills and an ability to clearly and simply summarize complex ideas
- 2+ years of experience at a national or international law firm
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.