Front End Engineer - eCommerce
Santa Monica, CA
Engineering – Engineering / Software
Ring is looking for a Front End Engineer to join our Engineering team in Santa Monica, CA. You will design and develop web applications working in our eCommerce development team.
- Design and develop Web Application components for consumption and usage.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications through architectural input and mentoring peers.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional agile team to define, design, and ship new features.
- Identify appropriate release branching and deployment strategies to ensure the quality delivery of software.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject, or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience with Web architectures and services
- 3+ years of experience with HTTP
- 3+ years of experience using Shopify
- 3+ years of experience using React, Vue.JS, or NodeJS
- 3+ years of experience creating automated unit tests
- 3+ years of experience developing Web applications for different client screen sizes
- 3+ years using code versioning tools such as Git experience
- Experience in developing a web application that uses a CMS like Contentful
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new Features
- Working knowledge of the general web landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.