Product Design Engineer
Product / Program / Project Management
Ring Beams needs PDEs to work on detailed design of LED lighting drivers, power supplies, and other PCBs. These PDEs will own refining the top-level design requirements and concepts into production level designs. They will work under the direction of a Principal Engineer and a Product Lead.
You will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting lighting products for consumers. The team is a multidisciplinary group of product managers and engineers engaged in a fast-paced mission to deliver new products. The team faces a challenging task of balancing cost, schedule, and performance requirements. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and meticulousness.
As a Product Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the electrical design, development and quality of products. You will take responsibility for leading subsystem and feature development on a project team. You will do thorough technical problem solving and creatively meet product objectives. You will, at times, mentor more junior engineers. You will demonstrate cross-functional resource interaction to accomplish your goals. You will play a role in defining processes and methods to improve the productivity of the entire team. You will identify and initiate investigations of production technologies, prototype and test solutions for product features, and design and validate production designs that deliver an exceptional user experience.
You will demonstrate a working knowledge of electrical systems, with experience in systems integration; the desire to learn from new challenges and the problem solving and communication skills to work within a highly interactive and experienced team. Candidates must show a hands-on passion for their work and be able to communicate their ideas and concepts both verbally and visually. Candidates must demonstrate an ability to integrate feedback and to respond quickly to changing contexts and work environments.
- Prototype and develop electrical HW and, in some cases, embedded FW for it
- Design and test systems and subsystems to meet program objective
- Select materials and component technologies to meet program objectives
- Perform failure analysis and solution validation to complete successful product development
- Provide detailed design and product documentation
- Conduct field failure analysis and solution evaluation for production product issues
- Support positive team interactions to accomplish program objectives
- Provide cross-functional program integration support to ensure team success
- Your work will enable your project teams to achieve timely delivery of products
- Manage interaction with overseas resources
- Apply technical expertise to problem solving throughout product life-cycle
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of experience in design or development engineering
- Experience in design, prototyping and debugging electronics systems
- Product validation experience (e.g. EMI/EMC, FCC, Cycle Testing, Environmental Testing).
- Factory experience
- Experience with schematic capture with tool sets such as Altium
- Experience with PCB layout overseeing using Allegro
- Experience using Hardware lab equipment such as digital scope, logic analyzer, and soldering skills
- Experience with technical document writing using Visio, Word, Excel, and/or PowerPoint
- Experience with Revision control/Document control
- Experience with platforms such as Linux/Unix and Windows
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience
- Design experience with micro-controllers or embedded software Design experience integrating component modules (I/O, Displays, Batteries, PCBs, etc.)
- Design experience with IoT Networks such as Zigbee or Z-Wave
- Working knowledge of materials process validation (SPC, Cp, CpK)
- Demonstrated design experience with high volume/high finish consumer electronics components
- Experience designing end user consumer, medical or industrial electronic or electromechanical products
- Analytic problem-solving skills, including knowledge of 8D, Six Sigma, DOE or similar disciplines
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam, Ring Floodlight Cam, and the new Alarm Security systems. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation