Demand and Supply Planning Manager
Santa Monica, CA
Operations / Logistics
We’re looking for a dynamic big leader to drive the planning operations of instock, demand planning, supply planning, & PO management to the next level. The primary function of this role is supply/demand alignment for Ring devices and accessories at all distribution nodes and all channels, whether that be on Amazon.com or offline partners, like Best Buy. This leader will manage a team of 1 to 3 planners to run the business and will own goals on Instock, air/ocean metrics, and ending inventory. The key outputs from the team are: allocation decisions that determine what specific ASINS (SKU) factories should build each week, where those units should be sent and what mode of transportation to use. Determining what, when, and how much finished good inventory to rework and/or transfer. Build decision analysis and recommendations for pre-launched and post-launched products within lead-times at which point Ring takes liability on full units that amounts to Billions $ in spend each year.
This is a high visibility role and will facilitate the weekly global business review and monthly build meeting with Ring SVP. Monthly demand reviews with global sales/marketing teams, bi-weekly S&OP meeting, and weekly allocation meetings with supply chain, logistics and sales. The leader will define efficiency and quality metrics, identify key blockers and set targets for a path to success.
- Analyze product performance at customers including sell-in, sell-through, channel inventory, and promotional activity to develop accurate forecasts to meet customer fill rates, in-stock targets, and internal sales goals
- Process and deliver updated production/PO plan to supply team on a weekly cadence for all Ring devices and accessories.
- Track and improve ocean vs air split for inbound logistics
- Track and improve WOC (weeks of cover) within Ring 3PL’s and Offline market
- Participate in finance and sales annual operational plan and budget
- Present build/demand plans on a monthly basis to senior management
- Manage and develop planning and purchasing team members
- 5+ years of experience in quantitative modeling, management consulting
- Strong analytical abilities and high proficiency creating and managing advanced models
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage large scale and complex projects with experience leading cross-functional projects
- Experience creating and setting annual operating plan and presenting to senior management
- Demonstrated creativity and judgment in developing enterprise solutions
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management and meeting challenging deadlines
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age