Senior Software Engineer - Android
Engineering / Software
Ring is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Android application team focusing on the Ring Alarm product.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience designing and developing on the Android platform, including Java, Android Studio and Kotlin
- 3+ years of experience with restful APIs to backend services
- 3+ years of experience with continuous integration, automated unit testing and integration testing
- 3+ years of experience publishing Android apps on Google Play
- Deep understanding of agile principles and exposure to various process implementations
- 7+ years experience designing and developing Android applications
- Understanding of the Android SDK, dealing with different versions of Android and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle, including the Android deployment/release system.
- Knowledge of the Android ecosystem and libraries available for common tasks
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Design and build mobile application UI components for consumption and usage.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications through architectural input and mentoring peers
- Collaborate with a cross-functional agile team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.