Head of U.S. Sales
Santa Monica, CA
Marketing – Marketing
We are looking for an experienced Head of US Retail Sales to lead and drive the strategy and vision across the retail distribution model (DIY, CE, Mass, Regional, and Specialty retailers) for the Ring product portfolio to help drive sales and growth. The role requires that this leader to set the goals and objectives for all sales efforts to achieve aggressive revenue, business and financial growth goals. The ideal candidate will be a strategist and a results-focused leader with proven experience scaling a winning business model for a consumer goods organization with a diverse portfolio of products across US retail.
- Strategic Growth: Identifying growth opportunities, growing and developing relationships with strategic partners in support of the business. The leader will set challenging yet achievable short and long-range strategic plans, priorities, goals and objectives to consistently meet or exceed business growth objectives.
- Development Skills: Strong ability to move initiatives from concept to reality. Skilled at navigation at a senior level to obtain internal buy-in within the organization and own all decisions required to activate local teams to execute with speed and precision. Serves as a change agent for business improvements, new initiatives and processes. Lead the negotiation of new retail business models, including terms negotiations with retail partners.
- Drive: a sales and commercial engagement playbook with a customer service approach. You should also have a clear understanding of, and experience with, National Accounts (Best Buy, Costco, Home Depot, Target, QVC); leveraging all aspects effectively to execute plans regarding distribution, merchandising, pricing, product placement and marketing programs.
- Leadership: Lead a team of experienced sales and account managers while cultivating and developing the broader sales organization as the business scales. Empowers employees to build a dynamic team that is viewed by others as highly productive, capable and the best in the industry.
- Partnerships: with cross functional groups to accurately drive sales forecasting, sales planning, and budgeting. Be analytically driven using business intelligence, data, metrics, and insights to drive decision making.
- Closer: You possess a closer mentality when approaching any sales opportunity and you live up to it by closing the deal.
- Motivator: You are both self-motivated and great at motivating others. You don’t wait to be told what to do, and if you see something that needs to be done you act.
- High integrity: You know right from wrong and are fully invested in doing the right thing at all times. You keep your word, follow through, and do what you say you will do. Don’t cut corners ethically, and always do what is right as opposed to what’s simply convenient.
- Team Player: Collaborative, hardworking, problem-solver who leads by example. You could never ask anyone to do something you are not willing to do yourself.
- Empathetic: You can feel the heartbeat of the organization. Others trust you and share with you.
- Entrepreneurial: You think outside the box; you can do more with less; you are resourceful and fiscally responsible in the pursuit of business objectives.
- Curious: You have a deep willingness to learn, realize that no one knows everything, and you are comfortable with that and willing to put the work in to acquire new skills as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of comprehensive business experience across Sales & Marketing within the consumer goods or consumer electronics industry.
- 8+ years of experience leading a dynamic sales/marketing organization.
- 8+ years of Consumer electronics sales experience with strong understanding of retail across multiple distribution channel and managing channel balance with a broad product portfolio.
- Analytically oriented (CPFR, forecasting, sell-through, channel inventory, etc.)
- Experience building detailed business models and owning a P&L.
- Proven track record of successfully managing similar sized organizations.
- Proficient oral and written communications skills.
- Progressive outside of the box thinker.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.