Software Development Engineer
Santa Monica, CA
Engineering – Engineering / Software
Ring has a mission to reduce crime in neighborhoods. With affordable solutions that work on any home, Ring is committed to offering smart security that’s accessible to everyone. Now Ring is part of the Amazon Devices family, and are seeking engineers who will help us create the next generation of home security. What will you help us create?
This role involves design, architecture, implementation, and operation of the large-scale cloud systems that make our neighborhood safer. You will be given the opportunity to autonomously deliver the technical direction of these services, and the feature roadmap. You will work with extraordinary talent and have the opportunity to hire and shape the team to best execute on the product.
- Has a strong foundation in software development, design patterns, and cloud computing.
- Has experience working with large scale cloud systems, understanding how to architect and build them
- Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
- Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
- Promotes robust and maintainable code, clear documentation, and can deliver high quality work on tight schedules
- Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years experience building successful production software systems
- 3+ years of experience with OO design/development skills
- 3+ years of experience in REST architecture for web services
- 3+ years of experience in a variety of modern programming languages (Java, C/C++, Go, Python) and open-source technologies (Linux, SQLite, OpenGL, Spring, Hibernate)
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with working on AWS services(S3, CloudFormation, DynamoDB, EC2).
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, security, and reliability
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the RingNeighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.