Sr. Systems Engineer (Remote)
Santa Monica, CA
IT / Security
Ring (www.ring.com) is looking for a Senior Systems Development Engineer to join our Information Technology team!
This role will support the Ring IT services team in planning, executing, and maintaining numerous IT related solutions. The team’s area of responsibility includes improving identity management infrastructure based related to Okta, AWS and the Amazon Corporate Identity Provider; building identity and access management solutions for a large number of cloud-based applications; independently managing and executing a wide variety of technology projects; and engineering high-quality processes for the IT Helpdesk. Being successful in this role requires a strong personal drive to automate everything and raise IT maturity, and an obsession with planning and execution of complex technical projects.
The ideal candidate will have a proven and demonstrable track record of being the lead engineer in driving complex infrastructure projects forward, as well as a rich history in providing excellent support to dozens of internal groups in high-tech companies. Unquestioned comfort in acting as both the face and core member of a growing engineering team is price-of-admission.
- Quickly adapt to a cutting-edge environment, and identify the key projects that your experience will provide the most impact
- Take ownership of current projects and act as the principle driver
- Manage a timeline of deliverables, including measurements of success & real-time analysis of the impact being provided
- Communicate plans and status in a consistent manner and on a regular basis
- Stay abreast of concurrent projects being run by other team members, both inside and outside of the IT group to identify potential conflicts or redundancies
- Interface with outside vendors, third party support teams, and various external resources to accomplish the established goals provided by leadership
- Act as product, process, and project champion for the improvements both planned and unplanned
- Interface with internal teams to identify opportunities where the IT group can provide assistance
- Identify under- or misused resources to reduce wastes in cost or time management
- Take leadership in assessing and selecting new technologies to be implemented or improved
- Always ask “Can we do this better with code?”
- 8+ years of experience and proven track record in enterprise level IT services
- 2+ years of experience working with a Cloud Identity as a Service solution like Okta, Ping, Azure AD Premium, Centrify, OneLogin
- 2+ years implementing and supporting SAML, OpenID Connect and federated authentication
- 2+ years configuring and supporting cloud environments like AWS or Azure.
- 2+ years of experience scripting Identity and Directory synchronization (a variety of languages supported as long as you can put it in a Lambda)
- 2+ years of experience supporting software development-related platforms like GitHub, AWS, Jira, Jenkins, Artifactory
- 2+ years of experience planning, executing and managing technical projects independently
- Hands-on experience supporting an AWS DevOps environment and managing AWS IAM roles
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP and Internet technologies like digital certificates, well-known TCP ports, web server security, AWS security
- Experience mentoring junior engineers.
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam, Ring Floodlight Cam, and the new Alarm Security systems. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation