Sr. Technical Program Manager (TPM III)
Product / Program / Project Management
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will engage with an experienced inter-disciplinary team to design and build innovative consumer products. You will work closely with the team to drive key aspects of product definition, execution, test and delivery. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within a fast-paced environment.
The Senior Technical Program Manager is responsible for creating the project plan, schedule, and key milestones. You will work with the product manager to derive the product requirements and obtain executive approval. The Senior Technical Program Manager will drive and motivate the cross-functional team to deliver the product(s) as per the agreed-to requirements. You will be responsible for the coordination and management of each supplier or manufacturer to deliver on the plan.
- Lead the efficient delivery of cross-functional projects
- Interact with Systems, Mechanical, & Electrical Engineering teams, and other key stakeholders to define and deliver complex programs
- Drive team consensus on technical decisions and ensure that appropriate resources are employed to deliver high quality results
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders
- Drive execution of projects
- Lead cross functional project meetings
- Lead milestone reviews & present project status to the executive team
- Keep program artifacts up to date and manage project document repository
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years experience managing complex technology projects with aggressive schedules
- Experience managing large scale hardware/software product releases
- Experience with leading 3rd party teams, engineering teams and business stakeholders
- Master’s degree in Engineering, or related field.
- 7+ years experience in Project Management that is related to consumer electronic device product development
- Experience in working with overseas CM/OEM/ODM vendors in product development
- Understanding of warehouse fulfillment operations and logistics
- Ability to drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups
- Demonstrated ability to manage project/task prioritization, project planning and schedule development
- Experienced in gathering requirements and developing specifications
- Proven success of influencing and developing productive working relationships with resources and internal or external customers
- Experience working in a fast-paced matrix technical organization
- Strong technical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to travel 10-20% time domestically and internationally
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation