Creative Director - Copywriter
Santa Monica, CA
Creative / Design
Ring has a mission to reduce crime in neighborhoods. With affordable solutions that work on any home, Ring is committed to offering smart security that's accessible to everyone.
You are a hands-on Creative Director (copy) who has proven your ability to inspire and lead those around you with your vision and dedication to excellence. Ring’s Creative Directors are hands-on; a combination of creative powerhouse and team leader. They help determine the creative messaging of our brand, digital, web, email, and integrated marketing — and recommend creative approaches that will keep our competitive edge. They are both highly skilled conceptual and executional leaders. They partner with our internal teams to contribute to marketing from strategy to delivery. And finally, they strike the right balance between doing all this breakthrough work and keeping our creative teams motivated and happy.
- Help lead creative marketing communications for Ring brands
- Concept and execute cross-channel marketing - website, digital, social, video, retail, packaging, etc...
- Lead Campaigns and drives the daily workflow of copywriters, designers, and strategy contributors
- Serve as brand steward, ensuring that all assets adhere to brand standards and Ring’s best practices
- Make recommendations for changes that will engage customers and push the brands forward
- Define and manage creative processes and priorities
- Develop, inspire and coach the creative team
- Build trust and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Manage ongoing updates and optimization of brand style guide to ensure its effectiveness
- 8+ years copywriting experience at an advertising agency or in-house creative department
- 4+ years of experience directly managing members of the creative team
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Traditional and digital advertising experience
- Web-based portfolio exhibiting both traditional and digital advertising work
- Experience working closely with cross-functional teams (product, strategy, media, production, etc…)
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Excellent presentations skills - both within the department and to stakeholders
- Well-timed tenacity and conviction
- Strong desire to mentor both in and out of the creative department
- Ability to work well as both a team player and leader
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and tight deadlines
- A positive, entrepreneurial spirit
- Customer-focused thinking
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.