Santa Monica, CA
IT / Security
Ring is searching for a Los Angeles-based operational leader to manage a team of IT support engineers who provide chat, phone or hands-on support to corporate employees. In collaboration with their Global IT peers and leadership, this individual will drive IT service excellence, productivity and standardization across the team.
The Global IT organization supports Ring employees through the implementation of technology solutions including desktop productivity tools, systems and network infrastructure, and corporate business systems.
- Directly manage a group of IT engineers who provide chat, phone and/or hands on IT support services to Ring employees.
- Contribute to an organization that can support and sustain growth and customer need.
- Lead the team effectively through change to consistently achieve operational excellence targets, maintain high customer satisfaction and a great IT experience for Ring team members.
- Provide technical support services to ensure all IT equipment and infrastructure is running at optimal performance, and Ring employees have the IT support required to enable their day-to-day work.
- Mentor and collaborate with team members and IT peers around the globe at all levels, raising the bar in both technical and non-technical aspects of the role.
- Initiate, lead and support projects and initiatives, including prioritization of engineer workloads to ensure project delivery.
- Create, write, and review standards and documentation.
- 3+ years of hands-on computer support experience.
- 2+ years of experience leading engineers in the delivery of IT services in complex organizations.
- An ability to think creatively and apply strong analytical and problem solving skills, driving issues to resolution.
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service in high-pressure environments while successfully handling multiple competing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors to get things done.
- Strong experience in at least two of: Windows, Linux and Macintosh operating systems.
- Ability to identify and resolve hardware and software issues on laptop and desktop devices.
- Basic knowledge of core network technologies (DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with people at all levels both technical and non-technical.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or IT related field.
- Certification, or further education in a related technical field.
- 3+ years hands on support experience with audio visual technologies (e.g., video codecs, audio DSP’s, and touch panel interfaces such as Crestron and AMX).
- Scripting experience to automate processes.
- Familiarity with Active Directory, LDAP, print servers, SharePoint, Casper, and/or SCCM; iOS and Android mobile platforms; VOIP/SIP telecom technologies.
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds.
- Experience in lean, six-sigma, process improvement.
- Experience in systems or network engineering.
- Experience in planning and delivery of IT integrations of acquired companies.
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation