Sr. Technical Program Manager (Release Management)
Product / Program / Project Management
Come help Ring create and deploy cutting edge new home security products. The successful candidate must have a strong drive for results, be a team player with good interpersonal skills, and also have the ability to work independently in a fast-paced startup-like environment. You must have a technical background, be detail driven and have excellent problem-solving abilities. You should not only be passionate about delivering extensible, on-time solutions, but should also be obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, continuous process improvement and mentorship.
- Work closely with Engineering, Design and QA teams to deliver high quality, scalable products deployed around the world
- Manage release packages, partner engagement, and roll-out plans
- Manage the world-wide release cycle of our software to make sure the deployment is smooth
- Work with all stakeholders to assemble cross-organizational project teams, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects by meeting project milestones
- Identify, establish and monitor metrics to track business success for our products
- Assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefits
- Bachelor's degree in CS or related technical field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Technical Program/Project Management experience with current industry technologies, including managing significant cross functional projects
- 2+ years of experience driving release processes across multiple applications, regions, and technologies.
- Experience communicating with senior management, business teams, and development teams to collect requirements, provide reports, describe software product features, and present technical designs
- 8+ years of Technical Program/Project Management experience with current industry technologies, including managing significant cross functional projects
- Experience with multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Familiar with Mobile technology/performance
- Familiarity with releasing large scale solutions across many integrated and distributed systems, with great availability, performance, and security
- Experience working with teams across multiple locations and time zones
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Outstanding written, presentation, and communication skills as well as the ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize tasks.
- Quantitative analytical abilities
- Strong organizational skills
- PMP or Project Management Certification
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.