Software Development Engineer
Engineering / Software
At Ring we’re developing physical products for consumers, which makes for a unique work
environment. Our engineering team is full stack in the truest sense of the term, from web and mobile applications all the way down to firmware and electrical engineering. We are a team of inventors dedicated to building world-class products.
As a Software Development Engineer – you will engage with cross-disciplinary teams to conceive and design innovative consumer products. Vertically your ownership can span across application, device framework, connectivity stack, and drivers. Horizontally you will be given the opportunity to work and own connectivity solutions across for the Ring Alarm and Smart Home IoT products.
- Work with product management and cross functional teams to provide technical solutions for desired user experiences
- Implement features using Java, C++ and Golang
- Implement solutions in a Linux environment
- Implement connectivity between our consumer devices and our micro-services based cloud environment
- Work with teams to improve and tailor existing stack and applications to our needs
- Work with the hardware team to ensure correct exercising of hardware
- Be able to occasionally travel
- BS in Computer Science or a similar degree
- 2+ years of experience with C++, Java or Golang
- 1+ years of experience building production applications at scale (think millions of requests per day)
- 1+ years of Linux experience
- 1+ years of experience working in an agile software development environment
- You have developed Linux Kernel drivers
- You have used Docker in a production environment
- You have experience with C++ 11
- ZWave or Zigbee experience
- Data Analysis and debugging tools
- Experience with Home Automation product Development
- Understanding of embedded development constraints and system performance
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.