Sr. Systems Development Engineer
Santa Monica, CA
Engineering – Engineering / Software
Ring is looking for a Sr. Systems Development Engineer to be a core member of the Systems team and work on prototyping and defining new connectivity of sensor based IoT products that will be integrated into the Ring IoT ecosystem. You will research new and existing sensor and connectivity technologies and features to advance Ring’s platform of home security products. You will work with suppliers and product management to gather information, prototype designs, and define product architecture and implementation requirements. You will also oversee development team’s correct implementation, roll-out, and field performance metrics analysis.
- BA/BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of embedded development experience in C
- 5+ years with writing low-level drivers, interrupt service routines and general troubleshooting/debugging with hardware
- Basic understanding of wireless stacks such as WiFi, Zigbee, or BLE
- Rudimentary experience in data collection, sampling, signal processing, and filters a big plus
- Experience in battery powered products would be useful
- Experience with common bus protocols such as SPI, I2C, and UART
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux environments and embedded Linux
- Cloud experience would be useful as well as big data querying
- Prior experience in Python or analyzing sensor data (or interest in learning) is also a plus
- Experience with simulations in Matlab or ns-3 can be useful
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.