Digital Asset Manager
Santa Monica, CA
Marketing – Marketing
Ring’s Marketing Department is looking for a Digital Asset Manager to design, execute, and manage infrastructure/compliance measures for our digital asset management (DAM) system. This includes all digital assets such as videos, images, and audio. The successful candidate will work globally and cross-functionally across internal teams and external partners to guide the digital asset lifecycle from creation to asset delivery, through archival. This is a hands-on role responsible for both the systems and executional work.
- Administer the day-to-day operations of a global enterprise-level DAM system.
- Define, implement, and manage the full lifecycle archival and distribution of all digital assets.
- Define, implement, and manage asset categorization, labels, and metadata standards that are robust, scalable, and user-friendly.
- Develop workflows for asset ingestion, categorization, permissions management, version control, delivery, and expiration to internal and external users.
- Coordinate with Marketing department teams to build infrastructure that addresses internal and external digital asset needs.
- Establish and maintain file-naming conventions and metadata standards across multiple digital asset categories.
- Own the ongoing ingestion, organization, and maintenance of the DAM, ensuring that duplicate, non-compliant, and obsolete files are deprecated in a timely manner.
- Partner with post-production teams to ingest digital media and related documents to the DAM.
- Maintain system stability and perform backups, customizations, upgrades, troubleshooting, and infrastructure planning.
- Manage usage rights and compliance measures for all digital assets in the library, verifying that assets have been cleared for use prior to ingestion or release.
- Review digital content to verify usage rights prior to publication or broadcast.
- Support internal and external teams with critical and time-sensitive digital asset acquisition requests.
- Manage internal user account creation and permissions, and perform routine user audits to ensure all users follow internal compliance measures.
- Train and onboard new users to the DAM system and assist with questions from existing users.
- Manage relevant DAM vendors and suppliers.
- 5+ years of digital asset management experience working with an enterprise-level DAM system.
- Bachelor’s degree in library information science, digital media, or archival studies
- Deep knowledge of video, audio, and image encoding formats and industry best practices.
- Experience working on large-scale, global campaigns
- Previous experience with metadata schema development & input, organizing a large amount of files, high-resolution file transmissions (FTP, servers, etc.), file naming conventions, and database reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to bring structure and organization to data asset environments.
- Clear understanding of digital rights management, digital asset taxonomies, and metadata standards.
- Experience in DAM migration and consolidation.
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Bridge, Lightroom, and Capture One.
- Can work independently but knows how to escalate in a solutions-oriented manner.
- Great verbal and written communication skills, with experience working across multiple teams and regions.
- Experience managing other digital asset managers.
- Experience educating non-technical stakeholders.
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.