Santa Monica, CA
Marketing – Creative / Design
Ring’s Marketing Department is looking for a User Interface (UI) Designer to join our team and contribute to the creation of innovative digital experiences.
The ideal candidate has a passion for branding and visual design systems and understand its potential within digital spaces. They should have a strong appreciation for design, creativity, and technology and should bring a solid point-of-view and a collaborative nature. Their ability to work resolve issues through proactive problem-solving is key.
- Use strategic problem-solving skills and have the capacity to distill complex information into meaningful concepts or ideas.
- Take ideas from concept to build delivering production-ready assets, by employing sharp UI and UX thinking as well as art direction, to quickly prototype and prove-out ideas while working on cross-disciplinary teams.
- Lead the production, repurposing, resizing, and rethinking of existing design systems and craft new ones with deep attention to detail and a meticulous dedication to proper delivery.
- Work closely with developers to foster innovation and ensure feasibility and fidelity of the final output.
- Provide clear instructions, design documentation and detailed functional specs to the development team during the design handoff process.
- 3+ Years of design and interactive work at an agency or on a brand
- 2+ Years working on brand and eCommerce websites
- 2+ Years of experience using the Adobe Creative Suite
- A portfolio that showcases visual design, user-centered experience design, interaction design, and brand development
- Have experience with motion design concerning user interaction on websites
- Knowledge of Web Accessibility
- Understanding of A/B Testing and User Behavior while improving the customer experience via iterative design
- Ability to evaluate design systems and component libraries and recommend improvements to the overall design and functionality
- Experience with Adaptive, Fluid, and Responsive Web Design
- Knowledge of Atomic Design
- You are familiar with InVision, Jira, and Confluence as well as Sketch combined with Abstract for team versioning control
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.