Sr. Social Media Manager
Santa Monica, CA
Ring is looking for a creative, forward-thinking, and organized Sr. Social Media Manager to join our growing team. In this position, you will oversee and grow the Social Communications team, which includes the Community Manager, Social Communications Manager, and Social Media Editor. The team’s goal is to promote Ring’s products and services in an engaging and impactful way, as well as provide customer care services on social environments (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
The Sr. Social Media Manager is tasked with managing our brand image on organic social media accounts. As a Sr. Social Media Manager, we expect you to be up-to-date with the latest social media technologies and social media trends. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express company views creatively and appropriately.
- Define and drive organic social strategy, helping maintain and develop voice and tone, channel guidelines, goals and audience targets.
- Oversee Community, Social Care, and Social Editor’s day-to-day operations
- Collaborate with Social Media Editor to ensure executions are on-strategy and on-time.
- Identify new ways to use social platforms to enhance storytelling and interaction with community
- Present monthly reports on organic social media performance across all channels, measuring key performance metrics and drawing conclusions to inform ongoing content strategies.
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs) and report using insights from native platforms and third party performance tracking tools.
- Develop brand insights and learnings and continually optimize our social media content and communications strategy.
- Be a social media expert within the organization, maintaining a cutting edge understanding of best practices, features, strategies, and analytics.
- Deliver senior management ready presentations for strategic plans, analytics reporting, emerging social trends as requested.
- Mentor, lead, and grow Ring’s Social Communications team.
- Responsible for ensuring company's “voice” is maintained across organic social and community channels, and continue building social media personality.
- Study competitor strategies, industry trends and innovation, and social analytics to ensure Ring is ahead of the curve.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to synchronize efforts and effectively communicate goals, strategies and results.
- 7-9 years professional experience in strategic planning for social media, digital or content marketing.
- 3-5 years of experience managing and scaling a team.
- Proven ability to develop and execute large-scale (300K+ reach) social media campaigns with measurable success.
- A deep understanding of major and emerging social channels including best practices, specific rules for advertisers and brands, and general platform policies.
- Solid grasp of digital marketing landscape including paid media, promotions (e.g. contests and sweepstakes), user generated content, reporting and analytics, and third-party algorithms.
- Excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate company brand values via social media
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in marketing, communications or business.
- Social content management and publishing platforms (Sprout, Lithium, Sprinklr, Hootsuite, etc.).
- Project management and/or creative workflow solutions (e.g. Trello, Basecamp, etc.).
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.