Product Manager, Web and eCommerce
Santa Monica, CA
Product/Program/Project Management – Product / Program / Project Management
Ring is looking for a Product manager to help define the build of a web experience that best meets the needs of the user (internal and external) and the business. You will help shape the web shopping and marketing experience by driving feature enhancements based on a strategic vision and a collaborative roadmap. You will lead the launch of new features to our system design globally and have deep expertise on best practices for checkout funnels and a passion for experimentation, optimization and analytics. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced environment and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and meticulous attention to detail. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, be able to work very effectively in a matrix organization, show perseverance and steadfastness and love thinking about new products and technologies.
- Identify product innovation opportunities aligned with market needs and business priorities; build supporting business cases to pursue those opportunities.
- Define, plan and manage the roll out of the product features and enhancements for the product initiatives that you own.
- Identify key performance indicators, strive for improvement, and communicate progress
- Take high level direction and turn a strategic plan into a tactical plan
- Work with a global team of stakeholders to identify areas of opportunity and agree upon requirements
- Spec writing, ticket writing, product acceptance and all other day to day tasks that keep our sprints on track
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Create and prioritize a backlog of requirements with input from diverse stakeholder groups
- Continuous evaluation of the competitive landscape and critical thinking about how others’ strategies may or may not fit into our own needs
- Lead the development of the product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
- Work closely and collaboratively with design and product teams from partner organizations
- Manage vendor relationships as they relate to products in your portfolio
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Product Manager in a consumer electronics or web software environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in web development tactics and familiarity with systems development life cycle
- 5+ years of experience with new product planning and delivery, from concept to feasibility to development and launch
- 5+ years of experience with web analytics platforms, including Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics and custom
- MBA preferred (Business, Computer Science, Engineering Information Systems)
- Demonstrable data-driven decision making and critical thinking skills
- Must be able to constructively communicate and collaborate across multiple levels and disciplines, from Marketing, PR to community support, BI, data management, engineering, security, legal, C-levels, et al.
- Experience, understanding and passion for web and mobile platforms to support consumer electronics
- Ability to excel in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with track record for delivering results in fast-moving and demanding environments
- Ability to collaborate with and effectively influence remote teams in multiple time zones
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.