Technical Customer Service Support Agent
Community Support / Call Center – Community Support / Call Center
At Ring, an Amazon company, our Technical Customer Service Support Agents are a critical part of our mission to deliver timely, accurate, and professional customer service to all Ring customers (our neighbors). This vital position requires an action-oriented, flexible problem-solver who will assist our neighbors with troubleshooting solutions. Agents communicate with our neighbors primarily through phone, chat, and e-mail while utilizing a variety of software tools. If you are passionate about finding out of the box solutions when things get tricky, this role may be the right fit for you!
Our call center teams support our neighbors 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
This role is within our Glendale, Arizona office located within the Westgate Complex
Here's What You'll Be Doing:
- Provide excellent customer service, including maintaining focus on the neighbor’s issue in a fast-paced environment
- Analyze, isolate, research, and effortlessly explain step by step technical troubleshooting solutions related to software or hardware
- Effectively communicate with neighbors while documenting conversations, exchanges, or sessions into multiple systems
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills with a diverse customer base
- Successfully translate complex technical information / instructions into a simple language that would ensure seamless troubleshooting
- Demonstrate conflict resolution, negotiation, and de-escalation skills
- Resolve unique hardwiring inquiries within various Ring products
- Successfully consult with neighbors to uncover additional product needs
- Ability to attend four week of training, Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Ability to commit to a minimum of either 5 days per week/8 hours per day or 4 days per week/10 hours per day shift, between the hours of 4:00AM – 12:00AM any day of the week including at least one weekend day (possibly both) based on business needs and holidays
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance, including the daily schedule as assigned
- Ability to work overtime as required by business, most often occurring in the weeks surrounding the holiday seasons
- 1+ years experience in a customer service role
- 1+ years experience of technical support
- Experience with Mac OS
- Experience with multi-tasking in a high-energy environment
- If previously interviewed in the past 6 months no need to reapply. Your previous application is still on file
- Analytical problem solving within a call center environment
- In-depth knowledge of Wi-Fi technologies (devices/connectivity)
- Basic awareness about Ring’s devices
- Ability to concentrate – follow neighbor’s issues without distraction and render a resolution
- Ability to compose grammatically correct, concise, and accurate written responses and notations
- Technically inclined with a drive to challenge existing processes and innovate
Perks Of Joining The Ring Team:
- Receive four (4) weeks of paid training with benefits starting day one of training: Medical, Dental, Vision, and matching 401K!
- Your very own complimentary Ring Video Doorbell and other Ring swag
- Free snacks throughout the day and lunch provided once a week
- A casual work environment
- Tons of growth opportunities with a fun atmosphere
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the first-ever video doorbell, to the award-winning DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.