Software Engineer - iOS
Engineering / Mobile
Ring is looking for a Software Engineer – iOS. This person in this role will develop iOS apps for next generation connected consumer electronic devices.
- Design and build applications for the iOS platform
- Develop with the performance, quality, and responsiveness of in mind with direction from Senior Developers and Architects
- Collaborate with a cross-functional agile team to create, and ship new features
- Evaluate application issues and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience working in iOS development or in a related field
- Proficient with Objective-C and/or Swift
- Familiarity with iOS frameworks such as UIKit, Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Understanding of agile principles and exposure to various process implementations
- Familiarity with Web architectures and services (HTTP, REST, WebSockets, SOAP, JSON, etc.)
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration, automated unit testing and integration testing.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Working knowledge of general UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Understanding of the full mobile development life cycle, including the iOS deployment/release system.
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age