Sr Manager, Product Manager
Santa Monica, CA
Product/Program/Project Management – Product / Program / Project Management
Neighbors helps connect communities make neighborhoods safer. Ring is seeking an experienced Product Management professional to lead the product team at Neighbors. As the product lead, you will drive product strategy, vision, and execution of new features and products that delight our users and help make Neighborhoods safer.
You will take on the most challenging product management opportunities with autonomy and high visibility. You will work closely with partner teams that include engineering, user experience, design, marketing, and program management to deliver world-class experiences. You are highly data-driven, and will own performance metrics, analysis, and results.
You thrive in a collaborative work environment and excel under pressure, with experience working on complex, time-critical projects. You are a seasoned product professional who works collaboratively with all levels and backgrounds and have significant experience leading product teams and delivering world-class results.
- As Head of Product, Neighbors, you you will be accountable for managing a team of senior product managers and delivering world-class products and experiences that make neighborhoods safer.
- You will be responsible for driving the vision of the product, and working with teams to execute on that vision
- You will be expected to perform complex data analysis while working with business functions to identify and respond to complex technical and business problems.
- The right candidate will be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and meticulousness.
- This role is inherently cross-functional and will involve close collaboration with engineering, project/program management, design, operations, finance, legal, business development, customer service, and executive teams to bring new products and services to market, enhancing our existing features and while developing new business opportunities.
- Partner with marketing and business intelligence to extract engaging insights and package those insights into relevant and engaging thought leadership content.
- A successful candidate will be analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, team-oriented, and can work independently under time constraints to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Science, Engineering or Technology
- 8+ years of experience with product management or technical leadership on native mobile and web-based applications
- 8+ years of experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules
- 8+ years of experience leading cross-functional and cross-company teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
- MBA from a top-tier college or University
- Exceptional passion for delivering world-class customer experiences
- Demonstrated ability to scale a consumer application in terms of team, userbase, process and infrastructure
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs, and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to turn customer needs and pain points into innovative products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations and to drive actions
- Attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously
- Proven ability to work independently to drive projects to completion
- Proven track record of delivering projects within scope, time, budget and quality
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environments
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of the data-driven approach with a demonstrated ability to synthesize complex data into actionable insights
- Experience building and scaling teams, budgets, tools, and programs
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.