Senior Technical Program Manager – Privacy
Santa Monica, CA
Legal – Legal
Ring’s mission is to help make neighborhoods safer. We do so by offering a suite of security-related products and services, such as video doorbells, security cameras, alarm systems, smart lighting, and other related products and services.
At the core of Ring is respect for the privacy and security of our users. Do you care deeply about privacy and want to help define our principles and best practices? Do you believe users should have control over their personal information? Do you want to help build systems that respect users and their choices and enable responsible use of personal data at scale? Do you want to make privacy experiences more usable so users can make good choices?
If you are customer-obsessed and love privacy, we have a job for you! Our legal team is growing and looking for a seasoned Senior Technical Program Manager.
The legal team’s goal is to support business growth and innovation while honoring data policies and controls that help protect user privacy. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting-edge products and services. You will help lead key initiatives across the organization. You will help teams design their systems and customer experiences in a manner that upholds our high bar for customer trust. You will partner and work across disciplines including engineering, marketing, information security, legal and business.
Your focus is to help the legal team develop the principles, processes, tools, technologies, and infrastructure to ensure we protect the privacy of our customers and deepen the trust they have for Ring. This includes finding new ways to streamline and scale these efforts across the suite of Ring devices as well as the key services that support them.
As a Senior TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance customer and business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, and then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of technical program management experience.
- 5+ years of experience with the software development life cycle (from requirements definition through specification, design, coding, quality assurance, implementation, integration, launch, and production support).
- Has worked on three or more privacy related projects such as privacy by design, privacy enhancing technologies, data policy management, privacy infrastructure, privacy usability, and/or privacy threat modelling.
- 3+ years of experience with GDPR or other privacy regulations
- Earned the respect of your peers, managers, and partners for your ability to grasp difficult technical challenges and invent practical, sustainable solutions.
- Work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
- Has worked successfully in a very fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Used data and metrics to drive the right outcome.
- Addressed issues related to customer privacy and information security.
- Developed, implemented, and enforced policies applicable to entire organizations
- Managed efforts in distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
- Has been certified by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (e.g., holds a CIPM, CIPP/US, and/or CIPP/E)
- Has communicated complex issues and concepts verbally and in writing to a wide range of audiences from technical developers to non-technical executives.
- Has collaborated, formed partnerships, and driven commitments across the enterprise to deliver privacy solutions.
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.