Data Management Engineer
Santa Monica, CA
Engineering – Engineering / Software
Ring is looking for a Software Development Engineer who will help us create the next generation of apps, and services. In this role, you will work as a part of the Neighbors team working closely to empower a cross-functional team of engineers, marketers, designers, and product managers to design, test, learn, and iterate using the data that you will make actionable.
Ring launched the Neighbors app as a public safety communication tool that allows users to view and share real-time crime and safety alerts with their neighbors. Anyone with an iOS or Android device can download Neighbors and use the app to: view neighborhood activity; share crime and safety-related videos, photos and text-based posts; and receive real-time safety alerts from your neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring team. As a Software Development Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of the Neighbors product building backend services to serve our customers.
- Work with engineering and business stakeholders to understand data requirements
- Help shape the growth of in-house data resources to support business Intelligence, analytics, and data science
- Define, design, model, implement, and operate large, evolving, structured and unstructured datasets
- Take action with quality, performance, scalability, and maintainability in mind
- Interact and integrate with internal and external teams and systems to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of sources
- Implement secure and auditable data infrastructure as required
- Help execute the roll out of modern business intelligence and analytics tools and visualizations
- Assist with ad hoc data investigations and analysis
- Train users on data capabilities and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years experience working with AWS and Redshift
- 3+ years experience in Business Intelligence / Data Engineering / Data Warehousing roles working with multiple disparate, complex, large datasets
- 3+ years experience in one of Python, Java, Scala, or a similar programming language
- 5+ years experience working with SQL
- Firm understanding of large scale data sets and SDLC best practices
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Spark, and SQL on Hadoop related technologies
- Experience with Airflow
- Experience evaluating and deploying BI and analytics tools
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.