Communications Specialist - BE / NL / FR
*** Please use the following link to apply***
Ring is seeking an experienced, organized, motivated and well-written communicator to join our Communications team, managing outreach in France, Netherlands and Belgium. Sharp communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and time management skills are essential to succeed in this position, as well as a strong interest in public relations, social media, and technology.
This position will report to the European Communications Lead and offers an opportunity to contribute to our evolving Communications team. You will be part of a small but growing team based out of Ring’s Amsterdam office.
This role requires an understanding of the evolving media landscape and changing consumer appetites, communication and presentation skills (both written and oral), superior time management, and passion for Ring’s disruptive, high-energy and innovative culture.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of external communications in France, Netherlands and Belgium, working with internal stakeholders (in Europe and at Ring’s headquarters), external agencies and third-party content developers. Success in this role requires seeing the big picture for pan-European communications, defining specific goals for each campaign, and then rolling up your sleeves and executing in a rapidly-changing environment. The candidate must be an independent problem solver with a proven ability to navigate tough deadlines and be able to lead multiple projects simultaneously.
- Working with Communications team to strategize localized campaigns, launches and media outreach
- Coordinating local PR agencies to manage ongoing activities, secure print and online coverage for highly-targeted local media outreach
- Tracking all local press coverage and maintain documentation
- Assisting with localized copy for media kits, websites, brochures and other marketing materials
- Creating and implementing organic content for Ring’s Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube across key European Markets (France, Netherlands, Belgium)
- Managing our influencer programs in key markets
- Monitoring and participating in online conversations—providing Social Care to the Community
- Handling all social listening and insights, reporting and overall analytics which inform all content creation
- Assisting in developing social media campaigns for partnerships
- Supporting European Communications Lead with additional tasks as needed
- 3-5 years’ communications experience preferably within the tech industry or for a consumer-facing brand within the French, Dutch and/or Belgian regions
- Written communication—exceptional writing skills, strong line-editing, copyediting and proofreading skills, varies writing style to meet needs, presents numerical data effectively
- Oral communication—speaks clearly and persuasively; possesses ability to engage others; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; actively participates in meetings
- Team player who can collaborate with agencies and coworkers at all levels
- Ability to think innovatively and creatively, and change course if necessary, to achieve desired results
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Social media data and insight reporting experience is necessary
- Experience navigating and working on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram
- Ability to learn quickly is a must
- Must be fluent in French and/or Dutch. Additional languages a plus.
- Experience as copywriter / editor / managing a company website / blog
- Must be enthusiastic, with strong organizational and multitasking skills, and the ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Proactive mindset and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment. Previous start-up experience is a plus
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age