Head of Ecommerce
Santa Monica, CA
Product/Program/Project Management – Product / Program / Project Management
Ring is looking for an innovative, big-thinking, hands-on problem solver to lead our eCommerce team. We are a fast moving, cross-functional, omnichannel, customer-obsessed team. Our organization rewards delivering results. Our mission is to invent and simplify large-scale solutions and bring a world-class eCommerce experience to Ring customers.
This position is responsible for working collaboratively with other Ring teams to define and implement the strategic vision and goals of our global e-commerce storefront. You will be a key stakeholder in shaping our overall vision, defining our roadmap, priorities, drive operational excellence, and develop and inspire the team.
The ideal candidate will thrive on collaboration, and possess a holistic and deep understanding of the elements of a scalable and stable eCommerce operation, including site experience, merchandising, content, analytics, conversion, order fulfillment and logistics, and the technical aspects of website management. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. This person has thrived and succeeded in fast paced environment where learning new concepts and adapting quickly is necessary.
- Define long-and short-term global eCommerce roadmap to ensure seamless shopping and purchase experience and own execution of the same
- Help define the system architecture and shape the overall Ring eCommerce experience. Oversee day-to-day management of the website, including troubleshooting any errors, responsive redesigns, and enhancements. Interface with the product developers on all system-related projects and challenges
- Collaborate closely with marketing teams to help define and execute on site experience and brand marketing
- Collaborate closely with sales team on promotional calendars and success metrics
- Responsibility for technical problem solving, creatively meeting product objectives, and developing best practices
- You will demonstrate cross-functional resource interaction to accomplish your goals
- Manage internal team and external partners to deliver scale-able solutions that grow the business
- Meet financial objectives through annual budget preparation and ongoing forecasting and results analysis. Oversee regular reporting of KPIs
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of eCommerce experience in a senior role
- 5+ years of experience leading and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- 7+ years of experience with e-commerce platform technology (e.g., store front/back-end fulfillment function and processes, CDN, and network infrastructure)
- Overall business management including but not limited to sales analysis, eCommerce metrics analysis, web performance analysis, sales tracking, budgeting, and forecasting
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics/analytics/ and testing
- Experience breaking down complex situations and subjects into easy to understand concepts and action items
- Ability to convert strategic planning into tactical execution
- Ability to articulate and promote brand vision
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.