Senior DevOps Engineer
Santa Monica, CA
Engineering – Engineering / DevOps
Ring is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help lead the design and implement our next generation data and analytics infrastructure. We deploy the latest AWS and open sources technologies at scale and are just getting started. Come help build a platform that will support future Streaming Analytics, Machine Learning, and Distributed Event Correlations to reduce crime in neighborhoods.
- Administer, monitor, and deploy large scale data systems and services on AWS
- Monitor communications channels, monitoring tools, and related systems to ensure awareness of system stability, health, and performance
- Identify and implement automation for repetitive tasks and requests
- Perform outreach and provide support for internal Ring teams and Amazon business units
- Drive initiatives for upgrading and scaling our systems to improve capacity, feature set, availability, reliability, and performance
- Recommend alternative design and platform decisions
- Perform cost review of existing resources; assess opportunities for reducing costs or infrastructure footprint
- Participating in a 24/7 on call rotation
- Collaborate with other technical leads to integrate an end-to-end design that's well documented
- Work with global teams of engineers, growing their knowledge and skillset
- 3+ years of Systems administration and shell scripting experience
- 3+ years overall development/technical support experience
- 3+ years of experience in UNIX/Linux operating system
- 3+ years of experience managing servers, networks, and infrastructure in a cloud environment
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Splunk
- Data Engineering experience (Kafka, Kinesis, Hadoop, HBase, EMR, Spark, Presto)
- Experience working with relational databases, and distributed computing technologies
- Data Warehouse experience (Redshift, Vertica, other MPP database engines)
- Managing in global environment and with teams across time zones.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.