Community Support / Call Center
We are currently seeking an Instructional Designer to join our Ring Community Support Training team to design, develop, implement, and evaluate instructional courses, assessments, job aids, and other learning deliverables for Rings support teammates.
The ID creates deliverables for all phases of the course creation lifecycle including needs analysis, design, development, and final learning deliverables that align to the overall needs of the business. The ID also collaborates effectively with peers, leaders, subject matter experts and business partners to translate business requirements into learning requirements and project scope, build learning solutions that align to desired outcomes, and ensure learning deliverables meet and exceed Rings quality standards.
Here's What You'll Be Doing:
- Design and develop creative, learner-centered, performance-based training programs and materials in multiple modalities that may include: interactive e-learning modules, job aids, and facilitator guides.
- Change happens frequently and quickly at Ring. The successful candidate will be able to select the most efficient and effective training approach to educate our team members at all of our global contact centers.
- Creating training solutions to communicate Neighbor and agent impacting information
- Meet with subject matter experts, Program Managers, and appropriate functional/senior leaders to determine training requirements, audience, scope and to align on expected post-training outcomes
- Review training outlines and drafts with key stakeholders to determine deadlines based on learning solution as well as building in a feedback loop.
- Proactively follow post training evaluation process which includes reviewing training feedback for knowledge gaps.
- Effectively manage multiple projects and initiatives from scope to evaluation in closed-loop process.
- Managing content source files in shared libraries and uploading content into learning management system for access by training audience.
- Creating and updating internal processes and templates to minimize future content development time.
- Project managing existing training content to ensure the content remains relevant and up to date with periodical version updates
- Supporting continual process improvement within Community Support training team to ensure we are building high-quality, scalable programs for our audience.
Do You Have What It Takes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Learning Design and Development, Instructional -Design, Instructional Technology, or a significant college coursework in a related field.
- 3+ years of experience developing training materials (such as job aids; instructor-led training; facilitator guides; online tutorials; etc.) for the purposes of adult learning
- 3+ years of experience designing and creating web-based and/or video training for adult audiences (Preference: Adobe Captivate; Articulate Storyline; Camtasia and/or Adobe Premier)
- Demonstrated adult learning implementation and driving performance through impactful training.
- Creative, highly autonomous and responsive to working in a fast changing environment. Detail oriented and able to multitask.
- Knowledge of instructional design models and adult learning principles.
- Demonstrated ability to identify knowledge gaps and develop refresher training activities
- Commitment to understanding the business vision and stakeholder requirements for training projects in order to produce clear, engaging, effective learning solutions for CS team members.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills for collaborating with subject matter experts and managers; including the ability to explain technical topics to novices.
- Must be able to work well under pressure while maintaining professionalism.
- Must be open to receiving feedback as well as providing feedback to junior members of the team.
- Exceptional listening and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment.
- 3+ years of experience in an eLearning/instructional design role
- Industry certifications in instructional design, curriculum development, performance improvement, project management, and content-specific certifications as appropriate (i.e. CPLP, CPT, PMP, etc.)
- Experience developing and supporting training needs in either a customer service or technical/IT related position
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems. In particular, identifying potential top contact driver scenarios as it relates to a new product and coming up with the most efficient and effective ways to equip our Customer Care team members to handle these scenarios.
- Demonstrated ability to probe stakeholders to vet and challenge training requirements and expected post-training outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to recommend solutions that will support the desired outcomes.
- Displays strong leadership skills through work ethic and professionalism, proactively takes initiative and offers solutions to challenges whenever possible.
- Extreme attention to detail and willingness to roll up your sleeves.
- Experience creating and managing leadership development programs
- Fluently bilingual or multi-lingual is a plus
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.