Program Manager – Insights and Research
Santa Monica, CA
Product/Program/Project Management – Product / Program / Project Management
The Ring Insights & Research team is looking for an enthusiastic Sr. Program Manager to join our team. The Sr. Program Manager will work directly with the Head of Insights to help prioritize and ensure Alpha, Beta and Delta program success while working alongside Beta Program Managers, Researchers, Community, and QA to ensure programs are properly supported.
The ideal candidate displays strong ownership and customer obsession, and is comfortable making decisions based on data and metrics. You will need to be able to prioritize effectively in a fast-moving environment and influence peer teams by communicating clearly and persuasively. You will drive core Testing & Research tenets within the programs you own, while partnering with Product Management, Engineering Teams, Operations, Business Intelligence and others.
- Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks, and change control
- Dive deep into the technical details and help unblock the team
- Dissect and resolve program reported issues
- Work with TPM’s & PM’s to create testing schedules for future Alpha, Beta, and Delta Programs
- Work with Beta Program Managers to back user feedback with backend metrics
- Work with TPM’s & PM’s to create research schedules for upcoming product releases
- Manage the relationship with business intelligence to ensure timely, proactive delivery of required reporting
- Further our metric reporting structure
- Evangelize Insights and Research program within Ring
- 5+ years of program management experience
- 2+ years of experience in an analytical role with the ability to pull data, capture insights from the data, and make strategic recommendations execution to the finish line
- BA/BS degree
- MBA or Advanced Degree
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to influence decisions and lead cross-functional initiatives
- Inner curiosity, willingness to challenge the status-quo in a constructive way and desire to learn new things
- Ambition to progressively become self-sufficient in identifying opportunities for improvement and build strategic programs from such opportunities
- Natural storytelling skills with a gift for writing and ability to create compelling content that speaks to customer pain points. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a “customer-first” environment, with a passion for uncovering insights and translating them into actionable projects and programs
- Experience working with several cross-functional teams and leading by persuasion (better if backed by data), not by hierarchy
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.