User Generated Content Creative Producer
Santa Monica, CA
Marketing – Marketing
Ring is looking for a highly creative, organized and communicative UGC Creative Producer for the Marketing team to coordinate every stage of production and post-production of UGC-based video and multimedia content. A successful candidate will be responsible for bringing individual marketing campaigns and the overall brand values of Ring to life by telling real-life stories of Ring neighbors (customers) through the creative use of UGC. This role will support content needs of multiple creative teams, communication channels, and product lines.
Working closely with the UGC Library Producer, the UGC Creative Producer will also assist with the acquisition efforts of UGC, including reviewing UGC submissions, communicating directly with the Ring neighbors to obtain legal clearance and collect additional testimonial information, and populating that content and metadata into the Digital Asset Management (DAM) system.
Candidates who have a strong sense of what makes a great story and who have substantial experience working in a high-volume fast-paced creative production environment will excel in this unique role that consists of 70% hands-on producing and 30% of asset management and customer communication functions.
- Develop deep and detailed knowledge of Ring’s UGC library, constantly stay up-to-date on the latest additions to it.
- Fulfill asset requests from the creative and production teams by sourcing the most relevant user-generated video content and narratives that fit the creative direction of specific projects as assigned.
- Coordinate UGC-based projects from conception to completion through every stage of production and post-production, in-house and in the field.
- Work diplomatically with stakeholders to accommodate rounds of review and edits, while ensuring flawless execution on-time and on-budget.
- Collaborate with internal creative, production and design teams and source, bid, negotiate and on-board external vendors as needed.
- Identify interesting UGC trends and themes, keep track of them, categorize them, create collections and compilations for future use.
- Assist Content Library Producer with UGC acquisition, neighbors’ outreach, legal clearance and content management on the DAM system.
- Fill-in for the Content Library Producer as needed.
- Work with internal legal counsel on matters of releases and licensing.
- Perform other ad-hoc tasks in relation to the sourcing, development, and production of narrative-driven content.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, media studies or film/TV production.
- 5+ years of experience producing video and multimedia content through every stage of production and post-production processes.
- 3+ years of experience using DAM systems.
- 3+ years of experience doing customer outreach or booking characters for documentary, true crime, reality or other types of narrative-based programming.
- Experience working on marketing and branded projects at an in-house marketing team, a creative agency or a production company, or in a comparable creative production environment.
- Experience with video and multimedia storytelling, familiarity with various digital video and multimedia genres and platforms.
- Strong sense of what makes a great story.
- Comfortable tackling a large volume of small tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Highly creative, organized, thorough, meticulous, detail oriented, patient.
- Confident, polite, courteous and upbeat written and verbal communicator.
- Experience editing on Adobe Premiere, working knowledge of Adobe Suite applications.
- Working knowledge of DAM systems, data entry, cataloguing and best practices.
- Proficiency with Mac OS and Google Docs and Sheets.
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.