Software Development Engineer
Engineering / Software
At Ring we’re developing physical products for consumers, which makes for a unique work environment. Our engineering team is full stack in the truest sense of the term, from web and mobile applications all the way down to firmware and electrical engineering. We are a team of inventors dedicated to building world-class products.
As a Software Development Engineer – you will engage with experienced cross-disciplinary teams to conceive and design innovative consumer products. Vertically your ownership can span across application, device framework, connectivity stack, and drivers. Horizontally you will be given to opportunity to work and own connectivity solutions across for the Ring Alarm and Smart Home IoT products.
- Work with product management and cross functional teams to provide technical solutions for desired user experiences.
- Implement high-quality features using Java, C++ and Golang
- Implement solutions in a Linux environment
- Implement connectivity between our consumer devices and our micro-services based cloud environment
- Work with teams to improve and tailor existing stack and applications to our needs.
- Work with the hardware team to ensure correct exercising of hardware.
- Be able to occasionally travel.
- You have a BS in Computer Science (or a similar degree, or comparable work experience)
- 5+ years of experience with C++, Java or Golang
- 4+ years of experience building production applications at scale (think millions of requests per day)
- 4+ years of Linux experience
- 4+ years of experience working in an agile software development environment
- You have developed Linux Kernel drivers
- You have used Docker in a production environment
- You have experience with C++ 11
- ZWave experience
- Data Analysis and debugging tools
- Experience with Home Automation product Development
- Understanding of embedded development constraints and system performance
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring LLC. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.