Trust & Safety Moderation Analyst
Santa Monica, CA
At Ring, we come to work every day with the mission of reducing crime in neighborhoods. Over the past few years we have learned that when neighbors, the Ring team, and law enforcement all work together, we can create safer communities.
Neighbors - the neighborhood watch app by Ring -- was built for this very reason. Launched in May of 2018 for iOS and Android, Neighbors sends you real-time crime and safety alerts from your neighbors, law enforcement, and the Ring team. Neighbors has grown rapidly since launch, making a debut in Apple’s “Top 10 Free Apps” in December of 2018.
The Neighbors Trust & Safety team is seeking a driven, entrepreneurial Moderation Analyst to help shape trust and safety operations and execute important initiatives related to building a safe, trustworthy environment for our users.
The Moderation Analyst for the Trust & Safety team will work to ensure that comment moderation processes uphold the user guidelines of the Neighbors app. The Trust & Safety team is dedicated to empowering our users to safely and effectively interact with each other through evolving content moderation policies. Your work will positively impact neighborhood safety. This position is best suited for a candidate with a passion for community management, experience implementing scalable solutions, and a mastery of clear communication. We are seeking a proven team influencer who is eager to collaborate and iterate on refining comment moderation processes. This team member will report directly to our Manager of Policy & Safety.
- Develop and execute quality assurance processes for comment moderation on the Neighbors app
- Create training documents to improve moderation accuracy
- Provide weekly analytical reviews and scores of moderated comments
- Suggest recommendations and influence the evolution of moderation policy and tools through use of effective communication
- 2+ years of experience in online operations (content moderation, trust & safety, customer support, quality assurance, and/or content curation), compliance, risk management, policy
- 1+ years experience creating and implementing policies and procedures
- BS/BA degree
- Experience with data analysis (such as excel, SQL, etc)
- Team leadership experience
- Analytical and problem-solving experience
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age