Software Engineer - Cloud
Engineering – Engineering / Software
Ring is looking for a talented cloud software engineer to help with the development of our backend APIs that bring our products to life.
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working and talented Cloud Software Engineer for the Ring Smart Lighting team who has experience building innovative, mission critical software features. We want to raise the bar with someone who can extend, enhance and challenge our current experience level. You will have an opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and development of consumer products.
- Write high quality distributed system software for large scale applications
- Work with product management and cross functional teams to provide technical solutions for desired user experiences
- Work with other team members to architect and design approaches
- Prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
- Take ownership of large components
- Drive best practices and engineering excellence
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar degree, or comparable work experience
- 5+ years of experience developing software in Java, C++ and/or Go
- 5+ years of experience with MySQL or another relational DB
- 3+ years of experience with code versioning tools such as Git
- 5+ years of experience with continuous integration, automated unit testing and integration testing
- 5+ years of experience with Agile and various process implementations
- 5+ years of experience with Web architectures and services (HTTP, REST, sockets, JSON, multi-threading, etc.)
- Experience building production applications at scale (think millions of requests per day)
- Experience with Spring, Hibernate and other Java frameworks
- Experience designing and developing large-scale, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services
- Familiarity with AWS and have built apps leveraging its offerings (S3, SNS/SQS, DynamoDB, EC2, Kinesis, Cloud Formations, etc.)
- Experience with Docker
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.