Sr. Product Manager - Security Operations
Santa Monica, CA
Product / Program / Project Management
As part of the Ring product team, a Sr. Security Product Manager will be responsible for development of features and functionality into the Ring ecosystem. The role will focus on security and privacy, making continuous improvements while concurrently shipping the newest products on the market.
A successful candidate will look at problems in new ways. Be disciplined to use a balance of creative and analytic skills and the boldness to try new things. You will deliver ideas from concept to implementation. You will focus on experimenting with new solutions that bring the greater security to neighbors around the world. You should have passion for security technology and know what challenges today's information security practitioners face while conversely knowing where current solutions fall short. Working alongside data scientists, security SMEs, developers, designers and field teams, you'll collaborate and drive in crafting our next generation security solutions.
- Build, prioritize and own the roadmap for organization wide security features across web, mobile, ecommerce and embedded firmware
- Taking high level direction and turn a strategic plan into a tactical plan
- Leading the identification areas of opportunity with stakeholder and developing the requirements to solve user issues
- Defining problem spaces/opportunities, developing detailed product specs, scoping efforts, maintaining lightweight documentation, and managing a cross-functional team to deliver against those requests
- Collect input from cross-functional stakeholders
- Driving the implementation of the highest value features with project and engineering
- Continuously evaluating the competitive landscape and critically thinking about how others’ strategies may or may not fit into our own
- Identifying key performance indicators, striving for improvement, and communicating progress
- Evangelize security best practices within the company
- Ability to lead and get things done in a fast moving product engineering organization
- Manage conflicting priorities in an analytical manner
- Mobile development domain and technical expertise
- Critical thinking & decision making
- Execution and communication of roadmap
- Be effective at working across multiple time zones/locations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent work experience.
- 6-8 years of relevant work experience as a Technical Product Manager in mobile, cloud and/or consumer electronics environment with a bias to security solutions.
- Stakeholder management: must be able to communicate with all levels, from PR to community support, BI, data management, engineers, security, legal, C-Level
- Must be familiar with SDLC (Agile experience a highly preferable)
- New product planning, from concept to feasibility and definition
- New product introduction, from development to launch
- Post-launch product management, from strategic to tactical management
- Exposure to, or experience in a CIRT / CSIRT / SOC organization
- Experience with big data technologies including Hadoop, Spark and Accumulo
- MBA or similar advanced degree
- Leadership. Getting others to work with you when they don’t work for you. Building consensus amongst stakeholders
- Continuous improvement mindset. Willing to learn new skills/different areas of the business/how the product fits into the bigger picture, etc.
- Ability to tactfully repurpose/reject ideas when proposed with suboptimal solutions
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age