Senior Corporate Accountant
Santa Monica, CA
Accounting & Finance – Accounting / Finance
Ring is looking for a skilled Sr. Corporate Accountant to join our rapidly growing team. We are seeking driven individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and can manage multiple priorities – a self-starter who can work independently but who is also a good team-player. This role will receive direction from the Assistant Controller but will need to be able to pick things up quickly and be able to meet deadlines with multiple tasks.
- Analyze and explain monthly balance sheet and income statement fluctuations and variances
- Compile account information and prepare monthly journal entries
- Prepare and maintain monthly account reconciliations
- Establish formal GL closing and other accounting process procedures
- Assist with compiling year-end external audit requests
- Research important accounting issues and suggest the best practices and applications in accordance with accounting standards
- Assist the Assistant Controller and controller with any adhoc research, clean-up, reporting projects
- ·Work with various departments to streamline data flow and processes
Cost Account Responsibilities
- Reconcile and analyze company's global inventory balances, including work-in-progress (WIP), finished goods and consigned inventories
- Prepare and maintain monthly inventory roll-forwards and reserves
- Analyze and explain monthly gross margin variances, purchase price variances (PPV) and invoice price variances (IPV)
- Reconcile inventory sub-ledger
- Assist with quarterly physical inventory counts
- Maintain correspondence with various warehouses and production teams and establish proper inventory procedures
- Assist the Assistant Controller in the analysis of month end & quarter end financial reporting.
- ]Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 4+ years experience in Accounting/Finance and proficiency with inventory accounting/costing processes, etc.
- 4+ years experience conducting the month-end closing function for a company or major line of business
- 4+ years hands-on experience with large accounting and ERP systems
- CPA or Big 4 firm experience
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Aptitude for information technology
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.