Senior Software Engineer - iOS
Engineering / Mobile
Ring is looking for a Software Engineer to join our iOS application team focusing on the Ring Alarm product.
- Design and build mobile application UI components for consumption and usage
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications through architectural input and mentoring peers
- Collaborate with a cross-functional agile team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience working in iOS development using Objective-C and/or Swift
- 3+ years of experience with iOS frameworks such as UIKit, Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- 3+ years of experience with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- 3+ years of experience with continuous integration, automated unit testing and integration testing
- Deep understanding of agile principles and exposure to various process implementations
- 7+ years of experience in iOS Development
- 5+ years of experience with iOS frameworks
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle, including the iOS deployment/release system.
- Working knowledge of general UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is preferred
- Appreciation and attention to detail for UI related tasks for iPhone and iPad
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.