Senior Product Manager - Tech
Santa Monica, CA
Product/Program/Project Management – Product / Program / Project Management
As a Senior Product Manager - Tech working on Neighbors, you will be directly responsible for defining and building the next generation of new software and service offerings for Ring customers. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and customer obsession.
You will help build the product strategy and execution roadmap for new products and services that help make neighborhoods safer. You will be part of the Neighbors organization, and will work cross-functionally with other product, engineering, design, operations, finance and executive leadership to bring features and products to market and develop and grow new business opportunities for Ring.
A successful candidate will be highly analytical, be able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, show perseverance and steadfastness, love thinking about new products and technologies, and be adept at creating high quality, simple products and applications that customers love.
- Lead the definition, design and construction of products that delight consumers and compel them to engage
- Work closely and collaboratively with design, product, and engineering teams from partner organizations
- Lead the development of new product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
- Create buy-in for new product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Drive dialog with engineering teams and program management from multiple products to deliver integrated services
- Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on product strategy and vision
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance, and operational support load
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with a technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience with product management or technical leadership on consumer electronics products
- 5+ years of experience leading cross-functional and cross-company teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
- 5+ years of experience working on hardware and software, and launches combining the two
- 5+ years of experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- MBA or Master’s degree
- Experience delivering consumer software products in a high growth environment
- Experience driving user growth through products and services
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts and manage tradeoffs
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations and to drive actions
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
Ring launched the Neighbors app as a public safety communication tool that allows users to view and share real-time crime and safety alerts with their neighbors. Anyone with an iOS or Android device can download Neighbors and use the app to: view neighborhood activity; share crime and safety-related videos, photos and text-based posts; and receive real-time safety alerts from your neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring team.
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.