Software Development Manager
Santa Monica, CA
Engineering / Software
As a Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers working on cutting edge large scale cloud services that will be used by millions of Ring and Cloud Cam customers. This position gives you the opportunity to work with world class engineers and to build cloud systems to support millions of devices. The role will be working on continuing the development of the Ring infrastructure, and helping it to work with within the larger Amazon ecosystem. Work with streaming video, large scale deployments and high performance computing, as well as solve distributed systems problems. This position involves team management, design, architecture and operation of large scale cloud systems.
- Working with internal and external teams to bring technology to our roadmap.
- Ownership of the overall systems development life cycle.
- Execution against project plans and timely delivery of committed results.
- Management of day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, and mentoring.
- Building, enhancing and maintaining a best-in-class engineering team.
- Working closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical designs.
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
- Maintenance and enhancement of software frameworks for development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 7+ years’ experience building successful production software systems.
- 3+ years people management experience.
- Knowledge of REST services.
- Experience programming in Go, Ruby or Java
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 10+ years of experience doing hands-on software development.
- Deep understanding of cloud software development in a team and a track record of shipping software on time.
- Experience with working on AWS services (S3, DynamoDB, EC2).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
- Excellence in technical communication with peers, non-technical cohorts and remote teams.
- Strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects.
- Strong business and technical vision.
- A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.