Hardware Engineer, Sensor Research
Santa Monica, CA
Engineering / Hardware
As a hardware engineer focusing on sensor research at Ring, you will be responsible for evaluating 3rd party sensors and qualifying them against product requirements. You will be working on cutting-edge projects and selecting novel technologies to be used in next-generation products. You will help create new paradigms for home and neighborhood security.
- Interact with vendors and evaluate capabilities, limitations, and quality of their solutions.
- Write thorough technical reports outlining testing/experiment results.
- Build device mock-ups/prototypes with interfaces to 3rd party sensors/peripherals and gather meaningful data from them.
- 3+ years of engineering experience, relating to acquisition and analysis of mixed-signal sensor data.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or another relevant field.
- Experience with basic signal-processing algorithms such as Fourier transforms, filter design, etc.
- Experience with ADCs/DACs, serial interfaces (SPI, I2C, UART, etc.), and electronic hardware
- Proven experimental, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of calibration and validation methods.
- Experience with image sensors.
- 5+ years of engineering experience, relating to acquisition and analysis of mixed-signal sensor data.
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or another relevant field.
- Experience with advanced signal-processing techniques such as parametric estimation, Kalman
- filtering, and sensor fusion.
- C/C++/Python skills (or similar) to build small programs (embedded and otherwise) to interface with and process sensor data.
- MATLAB or other computational toolboxes.
- Logic Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers, soldering stations, etc.
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age