Creative Director - Retail
Santa Monica, CA
Creative / Design
Ring has a mission to reduce crime in neighborhoods. With affordable solutions that work on any home, Ring is committed to offering smart security that's accessible to everyone.
You are a hands-on Creative Director who has proven your ability to motivate those around you with your vision and dedication to excellence. You have successfully demonstrated taking business goals and turning them into inspiring world-class designs. You are a fearless design leader, someone who can inspire and influence creatives across multiple disciplines.
You're driven to design brand stories that connect with customers across a variety of industries and take delight in building new brands from the ground up focused on tasty brand stories to engage customers hearts and stomachs. You are both imaginative and pragmatic. You have an inventor’s spirit, demonstrated proficiency in brand design, and proven experience moving projects from concept to successful execution.
- Work with Creative Directors and the design team to develop design concepts, gather information, discuss alternatives, gain approval and review design specifications.
- Oversee the development and execution of retail concepts, including POS and display, merchandising, and packaging design.
- Ability to demonstrate new thinking around where creative boundaries between digital and physical integration come together to deliver new and innovative retail customer experiences.
- Create concepts, sketches, graphics, and high-fidelity executions in support of in-store experiences, packaging, brand, and marketing campaigns.
- Oversee routine and complex duties in the preparation of printing specifications, working with vendors to verify print specifications.
- Understand and respond to performance data (metric tests, usability studies), and steer the direction of future creative designs.
- 8+ years of experience in design with a strong retail design is required.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design, advertising, or related fields.
- Online portfolio reflecting creative and art direction expertise for campaigns that may include 2D/3D graphic design, environmental design, interactive, motion graphics, print, video or web.
- Knowledge of four-color printing process especially large format printing.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Design, Advertising, or related fields preferred.
- Effective communicator and storyteller with the ability to find the best approach to verbally and visually communicate an idea and articulately present it to other team members, clients, and agency partners.
- An understanding of all aspects of client-focused brand and marketing creative, including brand development, social, digital, advertising, retail/POS, media and environmental/experiential design.
- Demonstrated experience managing creative processes through external agencies, internal teams and freelancers.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and the ability to gracefully defend your design decisions to executive management.
- Proficiency in tools for design, 3D modelling and animation.
- Retail design experience is required.
- Expert understanding of the trends in smart home and mobile.
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation