Product Analyst, Neighbors
Santa Monica, CA
At Ring, we come to work every day with the mission of reducing crime in neighborhoods. Over the past few years we have learned that when neighbors, the Ring team, and law enforcement all work together, we can create safer communities.
The Neighbors App was built for this very reason. Available to everyone with an iOS or Android device, Neighbors sends you real-time crime and safety alerts from your neighbors, law enforcement, and the Ring team. Simply put, Neighbors is the new neighborhood watch.
The Neighbors team is seeking a driven, entrepreneurial Product Analyst to own and drive deep analysis on important product features to ultimately drive improved retention and product decisions that dramatically scale user growth. In this role, you will work closely with a cross-functional team of engineers, marketers, designers, and product managers to provide insights and deep analysis on retention and growth solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Enable decision-making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources to present it in a digestible and actionable format
- Analyze large data sets using a variety of database query and visualization tools
- Provide technical expertise in extracting, integrating, and analyzing critical data
- Able to anticipate, identify, structure, and solve critical problems
- Design and develop key performance metrics and indicators using standardized and custom reports
- Perform ad hoc analysis to quickly solve time sensitive operational issues and business cases.
- Clearly communicate any potential data discrepancies and/or reporting downtime, including specific root cause, steps to resolution, and resolution date to a large end-user base
- Partner with subject matter experts to document and translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Manage multiple projects and proactively communicate issues, priorities, and objectives
- Architect technical solutions for new and existing reporting processes based on technical requirements, including table/view/package/ETL and report design across multiple source systems
- Bachelor Degree in Data Science, Information Systems, Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics or similar
- 2+ years of experience as a Business/Financial Analyst, BI Engineer or Data Analyst preferably with exposure to large complex data sources
- Proficient in SQL and Microsoft Excel
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
- Knowledge of fundamental relational database technology and terminology
- Experience in converting large datasets into actionable business insights
- Experience using business intelligence reporting and visualization tools such as Mixpanel, Tableau, Looker, Cognos, Domo, or others
- Master’s Degree in a quantitative discipline with an outstanding record of academic achievement (e.g., Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Data Science, Analytics, or similar)
- Experience with analytical software (Python, R) and solid grasp of common statistical methods and applications (A/B testing, probability, regression)
- Experience working with databases such as AWS Redshift
- Solid working knowledge of scripting languages or relevant programming skills (e.g., Python, C++, Java)
- Experience with big data tools or analytical software (e.g., Athena/Presto, R or SAS)
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age