Designer, Retention Marketing
Santa Monica, CA
Marketing – Marketing
At Ring, our mission is to make neighborhoods safer with affordable smart security solutions designed for every home.
The CRM team is seeking a highly skilled designer who has a strong passion for customer experience, retention, acquisition, technology and a keen eye for polished design. Our ideal candidate has successfully concepted, beautifully executed and launched email campaigns for large brands demonstrating an enthusiastic attitude, magnetic work ethic and excellence under tight timelines. The CRM Designer will work directly with the Creative Director, Lead Designer Copywriters, Strategists, Project Managers, Developers and QA to create compelling, surprise-and-delight creative for all Ring customers – supporting launch, lifecycle, cross-sell and retention campaigns. This designer will also have opportunities to assist with other CRM marketing, brand product launches, cross-channel marketing and general marketing at Ring.
- Concepting, designing and building email marketing campaigns to support our engagement strategy vision.
- Ensure that the brand is maintained across all emails and live up to the highest standards.
- Managing relationships across engagement, marketing and technology functions to determine appropriate content, cadence and creative.
- Collaborating with CRM Team to prioritize email initiatives, develop testing plans, automation/lifecycle strategies and reporting.
- Use insights from customer data to strategically segment and personalize email messaging.
- Improve all KPIs, including deliverability, open rate, click rate, conversion rate, opt-out rate, revenue and business goals.
- Stay informed on the changing landscape of email marketing, including trends, best practices, and new tools/technologies.
- Create strategic presentation decks with assistance from copywriter to present and/or review with CRM Team, Creative Directors, CMO, Key Stakeholders and Legal.
- Art Direction and Brand Narratives, working alongside a dedicated copywriter and strategist to define narratives across all email communications.
- Interpret creative briefs, documented channel-specific best practices, and previous performance data to produce high-performing creative.
- Provide feedback for creative briefs and contribute ideas to the creative process.
- Execute multiple design projects pertaining to customer outreach, sales, transactional emails, lifecycle emails and more.
- Digest and implement design feedback from multiple stakeholders in real time.
- Partner with CRM Managers and front-end developers to export assets for HTML and CSS-friendly designs.
- Communicate directly with Project Managers to successfully and efficiently meet the deliverable requirements of projects.
- 5+ years as a professional graphic and web designer.
- Portfolio showcasing responsive web design work
- 5+ years of experience in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- 3+ years of experience building clean and strategic presentation decks in InDesign, Google Slides and/or PowerPoint.
- 1+ years of experience in HTML and CSS for browsers and mobile devices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design or Fine Arts
- Deep understanding of current design trends and technologies.
- Proven experience creating designs that impact user engagement and website conversions.
- Comfortable with presenting concepts to Creative Directors and Key Stakeholders.
- 3+ years working at an agency or large brand.
- Familiar with Sketch design application.
- Experience with motion graphics and creating GIFs.
- Familiarity with HTML
- Portfolio showcasing work for a subscription-based business.
- Passionate about tech products with understanding of user experience.
- Elevate knowledge of A/B testing and dynamic content in email campaigns.
- Familiar with email platforms like MailChimp, Customer IO, etc.
- Experience working in at least one Project Management Systems, like Jira, Trello, Asana, etc.
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.